Honorary Patronage: Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Chicago
Polish-American music festival showcases internationally renowned jazz artists and talented young performers.
The 17th annual All Souls Jazz Festival will take place at the Chopin Theatre in Wicker Park (1543 W. Division, Chicago IL, 60622) on November 9th, 2015 at 7pm.
American audiences may not realize it, but Poland has been a cauldron of jazz creativity through most of the 20th century…and never more so than now. The Krakow All Souls’ Jazz Festival is the oldest continuing jazz festival in Europe – also has its American edition, with the Polish expat community organizing festival concerts in Chicago.
Our festival mirrors an annual jazz festival that has unfolded for over fifty years in the historic city of Krakow, Poland. Over time, the Chicago counterpart has grown to become a popular event with both the local Polish community and American music connoisseurs. This year, traditionally, as many as fifty musicians, representing various jazz styles, will perform on two stages at the Chopin Theatre till’ the sunrise…
Poland has embraced jazz for more than half a century, the music coursing through cities such as Krakow, Warsaw, Poznan and more.
So it should come as no surprise that Chicago, with its enormous Polish population, would pick up the country’s jazz pulse – during the annual All Souls’ Day Polish Jazz Festival at the Chopin Theatre.
Inspired by a comparable event in Krakow, Chicago’s All Souls fest looks, feels and sounds like no other jazz soiree in this city. Audiences swarm into the Chopin Theatre, socializing in the lobbies and hallways, munching on Polish delicacies through the night and savoring jazz steeped in Polish culture. (Howard Reich, Chicago Tribune)
Performers include internationally renowned veteran musicians and talented new artists:
– FRIENDS (music of Jarek Smietana) featuring absolutely the best violonist JERRY GOODMAN (The Flock, Mahavishnu Orchestra), with Adam Czerwinski , Bob Lizik , Craig McCreary & Vijay Tellis-Nayak
– Michal Wierba Trio, (Wierba, Szymon Piotrowski & Marlene Rosenberg
– Agnieszka Iwanska & UroSoule, Chicago
– Marcin Januszkiewicz, Chicago Coalition, featuring Frieda Lee, Chicago
– Caroline & The Priority featuring Caroline Baran, Highland Park
– Luke Malewicz Heritage Quartet, Chicago
– Goran Ivanovic Trio, Chicago
– Andreas Kapsalis, Chicago
– Pascal Pahl Quartet…..and others
Tickets are available at www.allsoulsjazz.com or at the box office one hour before the festival (limited seating). Free parking available in the Holy Trinity Church lot (one block east of the venue).
For more information, participation possibilities, sponsorship and volunteering opportunities please contact Tadeusz “Ted” Zaczek, 773.457.7267